Linux Deepin 12.06 Final Release Out !
Linux Deepin is one of the most active Linux distributions in China. The developers of LD endeavour to provide its users with an operating system of high stability and efficiency, in order to fulfil our goal to "Keep newbies free from pain and save time for the experts". With the efforts from both the community and the company that work behind the project, LD is becoming easier to use every day. We would like to say thanks to all of you who join us and support us. Please follow our blog ( http://planet.linuxdeepin.com ). Linux Deepin is released twice a year. Last major release was Linux Deepin 11.12.
Deepin Gnome Shell
Deepin Gnome Shell is a desktop environment based on the native Gnome Shell. It has been tweaked by the Deepin developers.
In Linux Deepin 12.06, three new plugins are added:
- Hide Message Tray: As the name indicates, it can hide the Message Tray.
- Kimpanel: Enables users to search in Gnome Shell for applications, files or contacts.
- Panel Settings: Lets users decide where the panel should be (top/bottom) and whether it should autohide.
Enhanced message indicator
The message indicator of Gnome Shell is replaced by one from Ubuntu, placed at the right-top corner of the screen.
Other enhancements include:
- Deepin Dock: Application groups; instant preview; Closing applications Traditional system tray
- Better mouse experience: Application groups and workspace is placed on the left.
- Integrated searching engines including Google, Bing, Yahoo!, making it easier for you to search under Gnome Shell.
- Enhanced working space navigating
- Fixed the bug of .zip file garbled name
- Starting Gnome Shell with special effects is now supported on VirtualBox 4.1.6/VMWare 8.0.3/8.0.4.
- Read/Write support of exFAT file system.
- More hardware drivers integrated
- More fonts preinstalled to provide better CJK display
- Gnome Fallback mode now features a system tray.
- Opening plain text from other systems without errors.
- The Linux Deepin version of WUBI - DeepWin lets you install Linux Deepin under Windows.
- The latest official AMD graphic drivers (fglrx) contain bugs with 2D rendering, so the background of Deepin UI is unable to display normally. For this reason, we have disabled fglrx in Jockey-gtk. If you still wish to install fglrx, you may search for it in Deepin Software Center.
- If a bug with flash occurs, you may remove its incorrect config files by running
sudo rm ~/.pulse*
This version of Linux Deepin is the first stable version to ship with Deepin Music Player and Deepin Media Player.
Deepin Music Player
Deepin Music Player is designed for Linux users. It is free software licensed under GNU GPLv3. The current version is 1.0.
Deepin Music Player features
- Music management
- Auto-download album covers and artist pictures
- Simple/normal mode of interface
- Lyric searching with multiple engines
- Desktop/window mode of lyric display
- Local file searching
- Theme selection support Common formats supported
- Other: Player history, crossfade, system tray, hotkeys
Deepin Media Player
Deepin Media Player is a frontend of MPlayer2, featuring:
- Theme selection
- Most common formats support
- Video preview
- Auto-searching and downloading titles
- Online playback. Just enter the URL of the video.
Other featured applications include Deepin Screenshot tool and Deepin Software Center
Deepin Screenshot: a lightware screenshot tool
- Automatic window identification
- Selection of area
- Editing screenshots
- Saving to clipboard
- Delayed shots
Deepin Software Center features:
- One-click install/upgrade/uninstall software
- Integrated update manager
- Score/comments on software
- Software Searching
- Theme selecting
Linux Deepin 12.06 is still packed with Deepin Software Center 2.0, which is the same as Linux Deepin 11.12. The Deepin Software Center 3.0 will be released in the coming release 12.06.1. At the same time, the user manual is updated to 2.0, supporting the English language and Simplified/Traditional Chinese.
Development related: Deepin UI graphic libraries
Since Linux Deepin 12.06, the Deepin UI will be preinstalled. The Deepin UI can be applied to develop easy-to-use Linux applications, giving a boost to desktop development. Deepin UI enables a developer to
- Manage the layout of applications the way he wishes, instead of restriced by the layouts of GTK+.
- Build a theme-selecting engine which is fast and easy to use. Instead of piecing pictures together to build a theme, one may build a theme with the engine by selecting one simple picture.
- Use a variety of widgets and graphic effects that are ships with Deepin UI.
- Use a variety of application modules, so one does not need to waste time on such things as dragging window, rounded corner, Gaussian blur, gradient effect, compelling windows and keystroke identification.
Deepin Music Player and Deepin Media Player are applications built with Deepin UI.
Linux Deepin 12.06 ships with 8 pictures as desktop backgrounds.
Icons: We apply the Faenza icons with several icons of our own to make the environment prettier.
GTK+/Window theme: A new theme with a Mac looking.
Enhanced Gnome Fallback theme: making the system clearer
Bug report system: If you have any bug, you can report it to Mantis Bug system.
Mailing list ( Go to subscribe it ):
- email@example.com 开发者邮件列表
- firstname.lastname@example.org 用户邮件列表
Join us: If you are interested in us, you can join us following this link.
Date: 2012-07-17 08:02:38
Linux Deepin 11.12.1 Release
Linux Deepin 11.12.1 Out !
This edition updates the Deepin GNOME Shell, Deepin Software Center 2.1.2, Deepin Screenshot Tool 2.0 and desktop guide 1.2. Changes have been made based on user feedback and testing.
Date: 2012-03-05 04:37:50